Skip to content
- Foster S, Hooper P, Knuiman M, Trapp G, Wood L. (2017). Does alcohol outlet density differ by area-level disadvantage in metropolitan Perth? Drug and Alcohol Review. 36(5), pp.701-708.
- Foster S, Trapp G, Hooper P, Oddy WH, Wood L, Knuiman M. (2017). Liquor landscapes: Does access to alcohol outlets influence alcohol consumption in young adults? Health & Place. 45, pp.17-23.
- Pereira G, Wood L, Foster S, Haggar F. (2013). Access to alcohol outlets, alcohol consumption and mental health. PLoS ONE 8(1), e53461.
- Pettigrew S, Rosenberg M, Ferguson R, Houghton S, Wood L. (2013). Game on: do children absorb sports sponsorship messages? Public Health Nutrition. 16(12), pp.2197-2204
- Rachele, J.N, Wood, L., Nathan, A, Giskes, K, Turrell, G. (2016). Neighbourhood disadvantage and smoking: Examining the role of neighbourhood-level psychosocial characteristics. Health and Place. 40, pp.98-105
- Barnes R, Foster S, Pereira G, Villanueva K, & Wood L. (2016). Is neighbourhood access to tobacco outlets related to smoking behaviour and tobacco-related health outcomes and hospital admissions? Preventive medicine. 88, pp.218-223.
- Wood L, Hooper P, Foster S, Coletsis C, McKie G, Koekemoer R. (2015). Proximity and density of tobacco outlets in relation to Western Australian schools and adolescent smoking. Perth, Western Australia Smarter than Smoking. ISBN: 978-1-74052-3350-6.
- Wood L. (2014). Public Education Campaigns on Smoking in Western Australia: Their evolution and effects. The Progress of Tobacco Control in Western Australia: Achievements, challenges and hopes for the future. Perth: The Cancer Council of Western Australia.
- Wood L, Pereira G, Middleton N, Foster S. (2013). Socio-economic area disparities in tobacco retail outlet density: a Western Australian analysis. Medical Journal of Australia. 198(9), pp.489 – 491.
- Rosenberg M, Pettigrew S, Wood L, Ferguson R, et al. (2012). Public support for tobacco control policy extensions: an analytical cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. 2(e000784). doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2011-000784.
- Leavy J, Wood L, Rosenberg M, Phillips F. (2010). Try and try again -qualitative insights into adolescent smoking experimentation and notions of addiction. Health Promotion Journal of Australia. 21(3), pp.208-214.
- Wood L, Rosenberg M, Clarkson J, Edwards F, et al. (2009). Encouraging young Western Australians to be Smarter Than Smoking. American Journal of Health Promotion. 23(6), pp.403-11.
- Winstanley, M. & Wood, L. (2008). Factors influencing the uptake and prevention of smoking. In: Tobacco: Facts and Issues (3rd edition). Cancer Council of Australia.
- Mitchell J, Rosenberg M, Wood L. (2008). Adolescents with attitude…changes in views about smoking over time. Health Promotion Journal of Australia. 19(2), pp.29-32.
- Wood L, France K, Hunt K, Eades S, et al. (2008). Indigenous women and smoking during pregnancy: knowledge, cultural contexts and barriers to cessation. Social Science & Medicine. 66(1), pp.2378-2389.
- Miller M, Wood L. (2003) Effectiveness of smoking cessation interventions: review of evidence and implications for best practice in Australian health care settings. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 27(3), pp.300309.
- Mawkes L, Swanson M, Wood L, Markham P, et al. (1997). Choking the supply: restricting the sale of cigarettes to children in Western Australia. Health Promotion Journal of Australia. 7(1), pp.22-28.
- Andrews B, Briggs V, Walley C, Greenland R, Swanson M, Wood L, et al. (1996). Aboriginal smoking: recommendations to ‘Health Australia’ from the 1995 Tobacco Control Summit Working Group. Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal. 20(5), pp.23-25.